Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Currently a College Student at St.Lawrence College

Monday, November 29, 2010

Hockey Heals

It could be on the pond, out in the drive way or in front of a roaring home crowd on Friday night. It could be an exhibition game , mini-sticks in the hotel hallway, on XBOX, Game 7 in triple O.T or just something to do. Hockey comes in all shapes and forms but no matter what form it is partaken in, it has the healing power that trumps any medicine.

I was feeling the groggy effects of the night prior which seen me go to bed around 3am. I was at the rink by 8 am and needless to say, I was in rough shape. The beer and garbage pizza were still heavy on my breath and I smelt like the business end of a skunk.

Walking onto the ice after struggling with the getting dressed part, I took one stride and POW... I was normal.
I fired the diskette and casually glided around the ice all the while grinning ear to ear and feeling like a million bucks.
I just love the game. It has a mysterious power over me to make the whole world disappear . It makes me only focus on beating the dust-bin wearing the Canadian Tire Bubble Special bucky with BOA skates on the point. Geeeezzz, one head fake and his ankeys are toast....


Suddenly....

My pounding headache and my stale beer breath are non factors...
The five projects due next week are no longer on my mind...
What is going to happen after the game is no longer on my mind...
Surprisingly, that girl ....isn't on my mind.(But still kind of)....HAHA


All this is replaced with sick dangys and unreal toe-skis to be put before going top bunk on the tendy at the far end. 
I can't explain it but I would love to somehow...but can't. It happens every time. I love playing any form of puck. It doesn't have to be on ice. Playing road puck is often even more intense and fun than playing on ice. Even creating a GM Mode on NHL 10 has this effect. 
I honestly think I get a bigger and better kick out of the feeling of just playing puck than the actual game. It's hard to explain... 
Nonetheless, hockey heals...

No comments:

Post a Comment