Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Currently a College Student at St.Lawrence College

Saturday, December 4, 2010

College Summary

I can't believe it is already December 4th. It felt like just yesterday that my mom and grandma moved me into Residence. However, it sees like forever since I have been in the confines of the one we call "Huron County". It has been refreshing to get out and do new things instead of the same old same old that back home offers. I still love calling HC home, but this is my home away from home. 

As I said, it is only December 4th of my first year at college and yet I have archives of memories. The things that have happened and things I have done or been involved with have been permanently burned into my memory. I can't believe that with only the short period of time I have been here, I have made so many memories. 
 From starting a line brawl in floor hockey, to learning proper presentation skills with a teacher who hosted a radio morning show to loving my program, I have done and seen so much.

Not only is the social aspect of SLC unreal, but I love my program. I have learned from industry leaders and directly from people who have worked or are currently working in the Marketing/Advertising field.

I am more than satisfied with my choice to come here and take this program. 

Since my first blog documenting my college life, I feel I have grown not only as a student but also a human being. I was comfortable with public speaking and meeting new people before I came here, but since I have been here, I have honed these skills. 

I have went from "Brandon Chaffe...207, live in the middle of nowhere and I am taking advertising..." to just plain...

<----"Lupis".  

Apparently, me being small, blonde and chirpy somehow draws a comparison to the BadNews Bears movie character "Timmy Lupis". 

I guess what I want to say can be summed up with some help from Asher Roth...

"I love college"

1 comment: