Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Currently a College Student at St.Lawrence College

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

3 196 800 seconds at SLC!!!!!

Well it's been one heck of a ride. All the brochures and handbooks on college life could never of prepared me for the roller coaster I have been on thus far. From meeting some amazing new buddies and awesome girls to already making memories to last a lifetime... college is everything I could ask for and more.


My course up to this date is super. Evey aspect of it makes my mind work in ways I love. It makes me strive to be creative yet it keeps me grounded giving me solid guidelines to follow. With all my classes, it is also teaching me time management and more discipline. In Gr12 at my high school, I "managed"my time to sign out to skip the afternoon and my discipline was ... well lets just say there was a lack of it. Coming here, I went from being top of the totem pole to the very base again similarly the transition of GR8 to GR 9. This transition in life is totally natural but can overwhelm some students. Not me though, I welcomed it with open arms!!!



Outside the classroom has also been a ball as well. The first few days I, as well as many other new students, had "Bamby Legs". This refers to me being wobbly and unsure of my new surrounding but now, those have disappeared. I have morphed from the "kid from 207 with the blond hair" to "Banana , Lupas or Hat-Trick Swayze". People know me and I know them. I have made so many friends and so many new connections. I am part of a new community and this comfortably has brought me a long way.



Here's to 3 196 800 more seconds and plenty, plenty plenty more!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment